Re: [AMBER] ff19SB with end-caps pmemd.cuda problem

From: Pavlína Pokorná <pokorna.pavlina.ibp.cz>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 10:59:01 +0100

Dear Carlos,

I have started cuda simulation from ~150 ns restart from my sander run,
simulation crashed after again in about the same time as in previous tests.
I further tested the same thing (ff19SB with and without end-caps) on 1UBQ
structure without any further modifications to test whether there possibly
was a problem in the starting structures of my two previous systems. (I
chose 1UBQ based on ff19SB paper.) With proper equilibration again. And I
arrived at the same problem again... simulation without caps runs but the
one with caps crashed in about 14 ns.

I'm running all my simulations with hydrogen mass repartitioning (dt =
0.004). I run also a test 1UBQ simulation with end-caps without HMR (but
with SHAKE, dt = 0.002). This simulation runs with no problems. The larger
time step might be where the forces are getting too large... You said You
hadn't seen problems with standard caps - was it in simulations without HMR?

Kind regards,
Pavlina