Re: [AMBER] error

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 14:28:32 -0500

I think Dave's point was about format, not really content of the file.
restart and trajectory files can have different formats. In regard to your
question, a restart file generated from the MD program should have
velocities. A "restart" formatted coordinate file extracted from a
trajectory may not have velocities, depending on how it is constructed and
if velocities were available. The MD program can assign velocities in such
cases.