Re: [AMBER] mac os catalina..... (oh my god)

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 08:40:52 +0000

Personally I use VMD and/or Chimera for visualisation. Having not yet tested VMD on Catalina, this was an important addition to the list of problems associated with updating. I assume this was to be expected as VMD was complaining about compatibility issues already under Mojave.

Some people prefer using PyMol though I assume compiling from source (unless able to pay the license) will be cumbersome under macOS Catalina as well, in particular as the compiled version struggled already under previous versions of macOS.

Using VMD in a VM has previously been tough as it laggs a bit and running on a server was a hassle to got to work forwarding graphics over SSH, and it was also lagging. So after updating my work computer this user will likely stick with Chimera for visualisation and cpptraj for analysis until VMD is updated.

Best regards
// Gustaf