Re: [AMBER] Calculation of stacking energy of a RNA containing UUCG tetra loop

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 23:37:51 -0700

Those smaller magnitudes also match this 2014 paper on B DNA:

https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlehtml/2014/ob/c4ob00427b

But note that the difference, 5 Kcal/mol is the same. It might apply
here that for molecular energies within a simplified force field,
absolute accuracy isn't valued as highly as discriminative accuracy,
i.e. one only looks at the deltas between conformational energies of a
given molecule or set thereof. I don't know the claims of the unnamed
code you are using, but that's a stock answer that might apply. :-)

Bill