Re: [AMBER] Compilation of Amber on Cray

From: Suman Chakrabarty <chakrabarty.suman.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 22:00:22 +0530

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 7:37 PM David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2019, Suman Chakrabarty wrote:
>

> About the Cray compilers, what arguments did you give to the configure
> script? Be sure to run "./configure --full-help" if you have not
> already done so.

I have done that. I have tried two options:
1. ./configure cray
2. ./configure -crayxt5 gnu (although -crayxt5 option seems to be "removed"
according to the help text)

In both cases I encounter the error associated with the configure script
trying to run the command "cc -V" to determine the compiler version. This
seems to be an unrecognised option for gcc : "gcc: error: unrecognized
command line option '-V'

I have working gcc-4.9 compiler which I can use to compile other codes
(e.g. Gromacs), but it seems the configure script is unable to detect the
version. How should I debug this?

Thanks and regards,
Suman.