Re: [AMBER] GBSA

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 11:37:47 -0300 (UYT)

Just a follow up comment to David's...

There seems to be a general misconception about the speedup of implicit solvent simulations... most people believe they are faster that explicit ones just because there is no water molecules, but they usually neglect several other issues of implementation and so on...

I recommend you to read these two previous threats on the topic:

+ http://archive.ambermd.org/201807/0309.html
+ http://archive.ambermd.org/201806/0279.html

Another advice for free... sometime you do need explicit solvent (water/ions) to correctly describe an interaction or phenomenon and there is no workaround for that... so, if someone wants to sell you a Ferrari for a dollar, then be suspicious...

Best,

Matías

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/labs/biomolecular-simulations-laboratory]
[http://www.sirahff.com]