Re: [AMBER] mdgx, improper terms and multifit

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 13:45:22 -0400

I do not have improper term fitting in mdgx. The major reason is that for
nearly every improper one can define a dihedral that covers the same motion.

mdgx is designed to perform fits with two or more libraries of
conformations (potential energy surfaces) and will correlate the parameters
between the two molecules--they'll be the same variables in the fit. The
key is to have the motions controlled by the same parameters in each
topology file. mdgx will parse all topologies, and require you to give it
a parm##.dat file (i.e. parm10.dat from ff14SB) so that it knows where the
parameters originally came from. This is to help it distinguish between
parameters that merely happen to have the same values in the inputs, and
parameters that are truly distinct. If your nitrogen has a different atom
type in each file it can't be controlled by the same parameters, so you'll
need to go back into antechamber and rederive your models if you want that
correspondence.

Dave