Re: [AMBER] AmberTools19/AMBER18 - FFTW3 and MKL compiling issues

From: Tyler Luchko (Lists) <"Tyler>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 16:54:35 -0700

> On Aug 16, 2019, at 1:54 PM, David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Aug 16, 2019, viktor drobot wrote:
>
>> Seems like the problem persists even with Intel 15.0.3 compilers:
>
> Are you using the "-j" option for make? If so, it might help to leave that
> out (or use "-j1") to get better error messages.
>
> [Tyler: it kind of looks like this error is related to volslice, but it's hard
> to tell.]
>
> If you just want to see if you get some performance boost for QM/MM, try
> commenting out the build of rism in AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/Makefile.

I’m not sure why this is happening as I compile with MKL and Intel all the time without issue.

To get a better idea, I suggest building with

make -j 1 VB=''

This should give a better idea of which file is causing this problem and the compiler command used.

Otherwise, if you are not using RISM, then commenting it out of the makefile may work.

Tyler