Re: [AMBER] Force field for Cecl3, Lacl3 and Prcl3

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 22:15:07 -0400

Hi Sathyaseenlan,

AMBER has the ion parameters for La3+, Pr3+, Ce3+, and Cl- ions.

I believe you can do that (solvate the DNA system with salt solution) through the following commands (herein I assume you are using the TIP3P water model):

source [leaprc file for a DNA force field]
source leaprc.water.tip3p
mol = loadpdb [pdb file name]
solvatebox mol TIP3PBOX 10
addions mol LA [number of La3+]
addions mol Cl- [number of Cl-]

The unit name of La3+ is LA (that is why you have “LA” in the fifth line), unit name of Pr3+ is PR, unit name of Ce3+ is CE or Ce, unit name of Cl- is CL or Cl-. You can found these information in the $AMBERHOME/dat/leap/lib/atomic_ions.lib file.

-Pengfei