Re: [AMBER] error in Cuda installtion

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 08:23:48 -0400

On Thu, Aug 01, 2019, Karim Mahnam wrote:

>I have extracted AmberTools 19 and Amber14 and put them in folder Amber18
>in /usr/local directory.

Please don't do this. AmberTools19 should be extracted into some folder
like /usr/local/amber18. But Amber14 needs to go into a directory like
/usr/local/amber14, which is where AmberTools15 will also be.

>make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/local/amber18/src'
>make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'cuda_serial', needed by 'install'.

It's not clear that any simple thing will work here, since your have
combined a current AmberTools distribution with an old Amber
distribution into the same directory tree.

But you could try this: 'cd /usr/local/amber18/src; make cuda'. But I'm
guessing this won't work, and you will need to establish a
/usr/local/amber14 folder, as described above.

....dac