Re: [AMBER] Calculating area per lipid for system with different numbers of lipids on leaflets

From: Prajwal Nandekar <prajwal.pharm07.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 15:02:00 +0530

Dear Maria,
Using the formula: Area per lipid (APL) = (box X dimension)*(box Y
dimension)/ number of lipids per layer, in case of protein-membrane system.
This formula overestimates the APL value.
You can try using this method to compute APL. It gives you precise answers
on APL for All lipids, Bound lipids, unbound lipids, etc.
Link:
https://github.com/prajwal07/Calculate_LIPID_parameters_using_Voronoi_Method

Thanks and best regards,
Prajwal P. Nandekar, Ph.D. (Pharmacoinformatics)
Scientist, Schrodinger Inc. Bangalore
Mobile: +91-9872507189
Website: https://sites.google.com/view/prajwalnandekar