Re: [AMBER] Calculating area per lipid for system with different numbers of lipids on leaflets

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 12:15:52 -0400

Hi,

The only way to do something like this currently with cpptraj is to do
two separate 'areapermol' commands for each leaflet E.g.

areapermol Top <top leaflet mask> out apm.dat
areapermol Bot <bottom leaflet mask> out apm.dat

As Prajwal mentioned, this is only a very rough estimate of the actual
area per lipid. It would be nice if the area per molecule method in
cpptraj were improved a bit (code contributions to the GitHub
repository are encouraged and highly appreciated!).

Hope this helps,

-Dan