Re: [AMBER] Bubbles during NPT and NVT simulations

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 03:13:54 -0700

One primal cause of bubbles appearing unexpectedly is that one
accidentally applies old box coords to the latest round. I don't know if
the current regime manages to make this impossible, but as Carlos
implies, volume or density would be clues, and you'd see the
discontinuity between one run and the next.

Bubbles in an initial NVT would be normal, but appearing out of nowhere,
if verified, might point to something with your system. What are the
atom counts? I wonder if the system might be too small somehow.

Bill