Re: [AMBER] Regarding cosine content calculation in AMBER

From: Pratul Agarwal <pratul.agarwal-lab.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 16:46:56 +0000

To the best of my knowledge, such a functionality is not implemented in cpptraj. Others can correct me if I am wrong. Probably easiest to convert to GROMACS trajectory, and use gmx analyze.

Also, are you trying to perform this analysis for a protein? If you are, be careful. The assumption for such an analysis seems to be "This is useful for principal components obtained from covariance analysis, since the principal components of random diffusion are pure cosines."

Protein motions are not always harmonic and definitely are not similar to random diffusion. Exercise caution, if you are trying to use this as a criterion for evaluating the convergence of your MD trajectory.

Pratul K. Agarwal, Ph.D.
(Editorial Board Member: PLoS ONE, Microbial Cell Factories)
Web: http://www.agarwal-lab.org/