Re: [AMBER] using amber parameters in namd

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 14:34:07 -0400

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019, Akshay Prabhakant wrote:

>I have visited this link, which
>gives a topology and coordinate file for gromacs. Can anybody suggest me a
>similar way to generate a .prm and .psf file for namd?

Why do you want to do this? NAMD can read Amber prmtop/inpcrd files
without any conversions.

That said, there are lots of considerations needed to make sure that
NAMD is really doing what Amber would have done. Go to ambermd.org,
click on "Force Fields", then look for "Using the Amber force field in
NAMD". There are two pages, one from the NAMD folks, and a more
detailed one from Amber people. [These are rather old, so please let us
know if you find something that doesn't work in the way described.]

Good luck....dac