Re: [AMBER] metal parameters

From: Marcelo Andrade Chagas <andrade.mchagas.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 12:49:45 -0300

Hi Fabian,

so I understand you want to parameterize a complex of Cu (II), to simulate
with a protein.

If you obtained the substrate protein system through molecular docking, and
the ligand is not covalently bound to some atom of the protein, you can try
to parametrize the complex first as program MCPB.py (being one of the
authors Pengfei Li), first and then join the files to obtain the final
topology of the complex system.

If your substrate protein system has covalent bonding, you must first
parameterize the metal center using, for example, the MCPB.py program

Best