[AMBER] velocities from and velocityautocorr

From: Ruth Helena Tichauer <rhtichau.laas.fr>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 17:07:37 +0100

Dear amber users and developers,

I wish to compute the velocity autocorrelation function (VACf) of water molecules within the cavity of a protein-ligand complex. I wish to use the usevelocity keyword as in http://archive.ambermd.org/201605/0236.html <http://archive.ambermd.org/201605/0236.html> but I haven’t saved any velocity information while running the calculations.. Is there a straightforward manner to re-calculate these velocities from the .nc trajectory file (using cpptraj perhaps)? FYI the trajectories I wish to analyse are 10ns long such that frames were recorded every 1 ps (I wonder if this sampling is enough).

Aside, when reading the manual concerning the velocityautocorr analysis, it is not clear to me what the maxlag is.. Neither what tstep refers to: is it the time difference for computing the autocorrelation i.e the tau in <v(t)v(t+tau)>?

As the VACf is computed for a mask of atoms, and as I wish to get an estimate of the diffusion coefficient of water molecules when they are in the protein cavity (to see if this value is different from the bulk), should I select water molecules within the cavity only (I guess so)? If yes, as they exchange during the simulated time with water molecules from the bulk, should I account for the portions of the trajectory during which they are inside the cavity only (I also suppose yes so but I rather ask)?

Any help concerning any of the previous points will be much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,

Sincerely,

Ruth