Re: [AMBER] CUDA COM distance restraint (v18 with patch.7 applied)

From: Kellon Belfon <kellonbelfon.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 16:44:31 -0400

Hi Pratul,

The maximum number of atoms in a COM group is capped at 200 atoms. It is a
hardcoded limit in pmemd (maxigr=1024).

It will also be helpful if you share your input files.

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 3:11 PM Stephan Schott <schottve.hhu.de> wrote:

> Seems to be related to: http://archive.ambermd.org/201903/0056.html
>
> El dom., 10 mar. 2019 a las 19:51, Pratul Agarwal (<pratul.agarwal-lab.org
>)
> escribió:
>
> > Is there a limit for number of atoms that can be included in group(s)
> > while using COM restraints with pmemd.cuda v18?
> >
> > I am seeing significant divergence in restraint energy term between CPU
> > and GPU version, for groups with about 50 atoms. For smaller groups
with
> > ~20 atoms, GPU simulations appear to be stable and comparable to CPU
> > version. However, for groups with ~50 atoms the restraint energy term is
> > showing "*********" within ~2000 steps (= 4 ps), while CPU simulations
are
> > stable for same input.
> >
> > All patches have been applied including the relevant patch.7. Any
pointers
> > will be highly appreciated, and I am happy to provide more details.
> >
> > --
> > Pratul K. Agarwal, Ph.D.
> > (Editorial Board Member: PLoS ONE, Microbial Cell Factories)
> > Web: http://www.agarwal-lab.org/

> Stephan Schott Verdugo
> Biochemist
>
> Heinrich-Heine-Universitaet Duesseldorf
> Institut fuer Pharm. und Med. Chemie
> Universitaetsstr. 1
> 40225 Duesseldorf
> Germany

Kellon A. A. Belfon, Graduate Student
Carlos Simmerling Laboratory
The Laufer Center for Physical and Quantitative Biology
The Department of Chemistry, Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, New York 11794
Phone: (347) 546-4237  Email:  kellon.belfon.stonybrook.edu