[AMBER] CUDA COM distance restraint (v18 with patch.7 applied)

From: Pratul Agarwal <pratul.agarwal-lab.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 18:48:33 +0000

Is there a limit for number of atoms that can be included in group(s) while using COM restraints with pmemd.cuda v18?

I am seeing significant divergence in restraint energy term between CPU and GPU version, for groups with about 50 atoms. For smaller groups with ~20 atoms, GPU simulations appear to be stable and comparable to CPU version. However, for groups with ~50 atoms the restraint energy term is showing "*********" within ~2000 steps (= 4 ps), while CPU simulations are stable for same input.

All patches have been applied including the relevant patch.7. Any pointers will be highly appreciated, and I am happy to provide more details.

--
Pratul K. Agarwal, Ph.D.
(Editorial Board Member: PLoS ONE, Microbial Cell Factories)