Re: [AMBER] Query about metal RMSD regarding residue number or atom number

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 13:09:55 +0100

Dear Shahid,

with your rms command you perform an rms fit of your system onto your
metal atom and compute the resulting rmsd afterwards, which results in
0, of course: you can perfectly superimpose this atom in each of your
snapshots.

What you probably want to do is to perform an rms fit of your protein
(backbone) first, and then do a second rms calculation of the metal atom
without fitting. See the Amber manual of the rmsd command (subkeyword
"nofit") in the cpptraj chapter for details.

Best regards,

Anselm