[AMBER] One query about SPAM type calculations

From: Debarati DasGupta <debarati_dasgupta.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 17:45:26 +0000

Hi,
I was trying to find out whether we could use SPAM (equations) for calculating interaction energies for small solvent molecules apart from Water, for example if i have a SILCS type solvent mixture 1 M benze in water and then soak the protein in that solution. I could use SPAM to calculate interaction energies of benzene molecules in the specific environment.
The bulk energies can be calculated by pure water +probe boxes simulation.
Is it viable?
Thank you,
Debarati