[AMBER] Solvating a Lipid bilayer in Amber

From: Souvik Dey <sdey8.uic.edu>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 20:13:59 -0600

Dear Amber users,

I am trying to build a membrane protein system. These are the steps I
followed:

1. I built the bilayer by CHARMM-GUI and equilibrated it in Amber. I
stripped the waters provided by CHARMM-GUI.

2. Then I aligned the protein on top of the membrane by VMD.

Now, when I try to solvate the system, I am not able to put water only
above and below the lipid. I know that CHARMM-GUI may provide me with a
solvated lipid but since my protein is only present in the upper leaflet on
the lipid, I wish to put unequal amounts of water with more water on top of
lipid.

So, I was just wondering if any of you have done something similar and
could provide me with some suggestions about how do I solve this simple yet
tricky problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Souvik