Re: [AMBER] Amber installation on Ubuntu 18.04

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 13:09:11 -0500

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019, Rajarshi Roy wrote:

>I recently upgrade my os from ubuntu 16.04 to ubuntu 18.04.

There are many ways to install ubuntu 18.04, (e.g. with a minimal
installation that has no python).

>*Checking for updates.../usr/bin/env: ‘python’: No such file or directory

The configure script is using python to check for updates, even though
there may be no python available. You can ignore this message, and let
the miniconda python installation proceed. Later, put
AMBERHOME/miniconda/bin into your PATH, and you will have a python
available.

>As in ubuntu 18 default python is python3 ....

According to the first message above, there is no "python" in your PATH,
so I would say there is no "default python".

To me that seems odd, but it shouldn't incur problems if you follow the
advice above. Of course, you could also use apt-get to install whatever
python you wish.

[Developers: we should try to make messages from the configure script be
more helpful in the case where there is no python in the user's PATH.]

....dac