Re: [AMBER] Amber installation on Ubuntu 18.04

From: Rajarshi Roy <phd1701171011.iiti.ac.in>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 09:45:24 +0530

Dear Sir,
There is no such error when I do *alias python=python3. *We do not need to
install any other python.

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 12:03 AM David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2019, Rajarshi Roy wrote:
>
> >I recently upgrade my os from ubuntu 16.04 to ubuntu 18.04.
>
> There are many ways to install ubuntu 18.04, (e.g. with a minimal
> installation that has no python).
>
> >*Checking for updates.../usr/bin/env: ‘python’: No such file or directory
>
> The configure script is using python to check for updates, even though
> there may be no python available. You can ignore this message, and let
> the miniconda python installation proceed. Later, put
> AMBERHOME/miniconda/bin into your PATH, and you will have a python
> available.
>
> >As in ubuntu 18 default python is python3 ....
>
> According to the first message above, there is no "python" in your PATH,
> so I would say there is no "default python".
>
> To me that seems odd, but it shouldn't incur problems if you follow the
> advice above. Of course, you could also use apt-get to install whatever
> python you wish.
>
> [Developers: we should try to make messages from the configure script be
> more helpful in the case where there is no python in the user's PATH.]
>
> ....dac

*with regards*
*Rajarshi Roy*
*PhD Research Scholar*
*Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering*
*Indian Institute of Technology, Indore*
*India*