Re: [AMBER] lipidscd S.D.

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 11:53:42 -0500

OK, I think I have a handle on what's going on here. There are two
main differences between 'lipidorder' and 'lipidscd'. The first is
that 'lipidorder' cannot distinguish between the two OL tails of each
lipid, so the results are for all OL residues, whereas 'lipidscd' does
results for each separate tail. In your system there are also
different linkers for some lipids - I may need to update 'lipidscd' to
distinguish based on this as well.

The second difference is in how the standard deviations are
calculated. In 'lipidorder', the standard devation is for the averaged
SCD values, whereas for 'lipidscd' the standard devation is for all
individual SCD values. The averages work out to be the same, but this
is why the magnitude of the current 'lipidscd' s.d. values are much
larger than for 'lipidorder'. I'm pretty sure that what people want
typically is what 'lipidorder' reports (i.e. for a single frame the
s.d. for each position should be zero.). This also explains the
unexpected behavior of 'lipidscd' s.d. values that was reported
eariler.

I'm working on a correction now. Thanks for the report.

-Dan