Re: [AMBER] QM/MM dynamics: metal oxides

From: emanuele <falbo.emanuele.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 11:43:17 +0000

Hey David,

First of all thank to all you guys for doing a great job with main-list.

1. Thanks for the hint. As matter of fact, when it comes to look up to
the only solute structure I could even not include the Li ions into the
QM region, however,  I was also interested to understand the ion-pairing
phenomena between solute (metal oxides) and Li ions: closed-pair,
semi-closed, and etc. Normally, I do this analysis by looking at radial
distribution function (RDF).

If Li ions are not included in QM part, as you said, they just move away
from the solute molecules- I haven't still figured out why.

So, I wonder if there is a way to account correctly Li's influence on
the solute molecules at QM/MM level?

As always, thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Manuele