Re: [AMBER] How to load and visualize large trajectories?

From: Chetna Tyagi <cheta231.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 10:08:11 +0100

Dear all,

Thanks for all the suggestions.

This is in reply to Prof. Nguyen. I had tried NGLview before. It results in
upload of the trajectory alright but the viewer is left blank. I tried few
times to solve this problem but I couldn't.

And in response to Prof. Kress, I use VMD only on a Linux machine and yet I
encountered such a problem. The first suggestion of uploading only a subset
(using Stride count) of trajectory worked for me as I could
see the movement of peptide with respect to the membrane.

Secondly, Prof. Roe's suggestion to remove just the hydrogens from water
helped to reduce it's size from 85 GB to 17 GB which is great.

Thank you again. Regards
-Chetna

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 10:51 PM James Kress <jimkress_58.kressworks.org>
wrote:

> VMD needs a large amount of memory for large (many frame) trajectory
> display. 16 GB is far too little. Also, the Windows version is limited by
> the fact VMD is a 32 bit application.
>
> Try VMD on a Linux machine with more RAM.
>
> Post your question here vmd-l.ks.uiuc.edu for more info.
>
> Jim Kress

Best wishes
Chetna