Re: [AMBER] "vlimit exceeded" in NVT simulation

From: Pratul Agarwal <pratul.agarwal-lab.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 15:24:14 +0000

Lucas,

This type of message indicates that one or more of your atoms are experiencing abnormally large force(s). Most common reason is that the conformation is unphysical with close contacts (steric clashes). Check your starting structure to see if things looks reasonable. Apart from making sure that the starting structure is reasonable, you should also check the temperature value. What is starting temperature value for your simulation? High value of temperature can indicate unstable simulation.

One thing you could try is using small time-step and see if system stabilizes. Once things are stable you could switch to longer time-step.

Pratul

Pratul K. Agarwal, Ph.D.
(Editorial Board Member: PLoS ONE, Microbial Cell Factories)
Web: http://www.agarwal-lab.org/