Re: [AMBER] RMSF in amber

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 10:31:05 -0500

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 6, 2019 at 6:02 AM Elvis Martis <elvis.martis.bcp.edu.in> wrote:

> Then remove the rotational and translation motions using autoimage.

Slight correction here - 'autoimage' will only perform imaging. In
order to remove global rotational/translational motion you will have
to fit your coordinates to a reference frame via a.g. the 'rms'
command. For the purposes of calculating RMSF it's usual to fit to an
averaged structure. There is an example given in the 'atomicfluct |
rmsf' section of the Amber18 manual (page 631).

-Dan