Re: [AMBER] Obtaining contact maps with cpptraj

From: Alex Spasic <aleksspasic11.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 15:25:22 -0500

Dan,

skipnative option is very useful for me as well. Regarding the
nativecontacts command, I would suggest modifying the byresidue option. Now
it is summing contacts over all atom pairs in contact and based on that
calculates totalfraction and # contacts information. But if one atom pair
is in contact in all frames and another 10 atom pairs are in contact in
maybe 10% of frames then totalfraction will be small although the two
residues are really in contact the whole time. In my opinion, residue
contact information should be based on an atom pair that is in contact in
most of the frames.
Thanks for your great work on cpptraj.

Regards,
Alex