Re: [AMBER] Head-to-tail cyclized Peptides

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 16:16:27 +0100

Dear all,

another, less invasive way to create cyclized peptides might be to use
the leap command loadPDBusingSeq, where you explicitely provide the
sequence as a list; in this list you must specify any terminal residue,
e.g. NGLY or CTYR (cf leap manual). Thus, by omitting the terminal
residue names for the initial and the last residue, but instead just
using the normal mid-chain names, and afterwards manually adding a bond
between the N of the first and C of the last residue, a cyclization
should be possible.

# Leap input
seq = {
 GLY GLY GLY GLY GLY GLY
}

a = loadPDBusingseq gly6.pdb seq

# Cyclize peptide
bond a.1.N a.6.C

The only drawback is that you have to write an explicit sequence of your
complete peptide system.

Best regards

Anselm