Re: [AMBER] Regarding the Targeted MD

From: M. Reza Ganjalikhany <ganjalikhany.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 17:01:29 +0330

Dear Carlos,

As my structure has a large and complicated conformational change along two
axes, I am not sure whether TMD is enable of simulating such transition in
a low energy path or just move the structure to lower the RMSD value
regardless of any other parameters.

Both cases (ntr=1. restrantmask) and (ntr=0 and tgtfitmask) worked with a
slight difference. The output shows it recognizes the masks as reported
below:

5. REFERENCE ATOM COORDINATES

  defa
     Mask :1-114,131-166,188-204,229-249,448-577.CA; matches 318 atoms
     Mask ":115-130,167-187,205-228,250-447,578-775.CA" matches 437 atoms

As you mentioned, I used cpptraj to see the changing in the RMSD value. It
decreased until the half and then it increased slowly as it could not find
the final position. The decrease is due to the movement of N-terminal
domain to the reference structure but it should rotate to fit the target.
It seems that the combination of these two movement is not possible at the
same time.
Also, I have tested bigger force constants and the result was not really
desirable as the structure denatured during the movement.

Here are the links to some visualized trajectories:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/weezo4c1hmoc68j/TMD1.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/htjdlyuohlglxt5/TMD2.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7idltd4ax0iaw1/TMD5.mp4?dl=0