Re: [AMBER] QMMM free energy calculations for alchemical changes using a coupling parameter in amber 18

From: Brian Radak <brian.radak.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 11:51:35 -0500

Hi again Braden (apparently I "followed" you here from the NAMD list),

QM/MM alchemical calculations with AMBER have indeed been done before, but
I'm not sure where (or if) they have been published. I might regard that
facility as experimental and thus the workflow (i.e. TI versus BAR, etc) is
largely DIY. Last I attempted this with SANDER and SQM I recall
re-purposing the TI output, but only after some careful error checking to
be sure the energies made sense. Probably the most recommendable path is to
first compute an MM solvation free energy and then a MM -> QM/MM
"correction".

HTH,
BKR