Re: [AMBER] pi-pi And Aromatic Interactions

From: Chris Neale <candrewn.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 14:37:57 -0600

Should VDW not (incorrectly) favor in-register-parallel over
parallel-displaced and T-shaped geometries for aromatic rings?
http://www.jbc.org/content/273/25/15458.long

And how does the Hamiltonian at all account for cation-pi?

I do agree that other parts of the force field might lead to configurations
that are stabilized by pi-based interactions in real life though not in
simulation, and that disrupting the associated pi-based interaction may
thereby have an experimental effect.