Re: [AMBER] pmemd.MPI won't work in Amber 18

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 08:31:06 -0400

Hi Hai,

There is no difference in the way pmemd.MPI works on a single node compared to multiple nodes. The executable doesn't even look at if the MPI tasks are running on the same node or not. Thus this to me looks more like a problem with your MPI installation rather than AMBER per se. Have you tried running the test cases that come with the MPI installation you are using to see if they work properly across multiple nodes? I've seen these problems before when people use an MPI installation that is incompatible with their interconnect. E.g. using a MPI configured for infiniband when you have ethernet.

All the best
Ross