Re: [AMBER] Query regarding Amber installation

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 11:42:49 -0400

On Mon, Oct 01, 2018, Rakesh Srivastava wrote:

> Previously I had Amber installed on Ubuntu16 and a few days back I upgraded
> it to Ubuntu18.04. After this I was facing some problem in running the
> calculations and hence I tried to reinstall Amber but I am getting
> following error at "make install" step:

Sigh. The default compiler for Ubuntu18.04 is gcc7, which was released
after Amber16 was developed. But the error reported below should have
been fixed in AmberTools17. So, you have two main options:

1. Download AmberTools18. This is known to work with gcc7 and
Ubunut18.04, and has lots of fixes and upgrades to other things as well.

2. Use $AMBERHOME/update_amber --upgrade to upgrade your AmberTools16 to
AmberTools17 (this happens in place.) I'm not sure if this will solve
all problems related to Ubuntu18.04 (which is still much newer than
AmberTools17, as you can tell from the "17" vs "18" in the distribution
names,) but it should move in the right direction.

...hope this helps....dac