Re: [AMBER] Running GIST calculation in parallel

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 13:18:41 -0400

Hi,

Since based on your timings you stop getting a speedup beyond 32
threads, I recommend using a max of 32 threads. :-)

Assuming you have the Ryzen 32-core processor this makes sense -
cpptraj does not benefit from hyperthreading (I think AMD calls it
simultaneous multi-threading but it's essentially the same thing.

-Dan