Re: [AMBER] Question about Amber.

From: Asier Zorrilla <azorrilla.cicbiogune.es>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 08:25:00 +0000

Hello David, thank you for your fast answer.

Yes we have do make.test and we obtain:

3 file comparisons failed
1 tests experienced errors

Is this an error?, there is any way to correct this?

Bests.

El vie, 14-09-2018 a las 08:53 -0400, David A Case escribió:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2018, Asier Zorrilla wrote:
> >
> > Our users have test a data set with Amber (same version Amber and
> > Amber_tools) in two machines but they obtain two diferent results.
> >
> > - There is any way (beyond benchmark test) to verify that the
> > installation is ok and that the obtained values are fiable?
>
> You should run "make test" in the $AMBERHOME directory (if you have
> not
> already done so).  This tests correctness of the installation in ways
> that the benchmarks do no.
>

> > - Tested two systems have a GPU, both of them certified by you (GTX
> > 1080 and GTX TITAN), is posible that the diferent results can be
> > explained with this?
>
> We would need to know whether the "different results" only show up on
> GPU runs, or on other types of tests.  If you are running the
> (default)
> pmemd.cuda (which uses the SPFP precision model), then it is likely
> that
> GTX 1080 and GTX Titan will give different results.)  More details
> are
> available here:
>
>     http://ambermd.org/GPULogistics.php#Accuracy
>
> ....dac

Center of Excellence Severo Ochoa (2017-2021)

This e-mail comes from CIC bioGUNE. The e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorised dissemination or copying of this e-mail or its attachments, and any use or disclosure of any information contained in them, is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify or telephone + 34 944 06 13 00 and delete it from your system.