Re: [AMBER] Residue mutation and side chains

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 12:25:16 -0400

Leap can build them, but it doesn't have a good way to optimize their
rotamers prior to MD.
I suggest using tools made for this purpose, like those in swissPDBviewer,
or the SCWRL program. There are probably others too, and it depends on
whether your mutations are solvent exposed (fairly easy) or buried (harder).