[AMBER] Question about configure Ambertool18 on Mac

From: <tang.xiaping.outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 05:35:25 +0000

Dear all:

I’m new to amber and try to install it on my mac. I got an error during configure of CPPTRAJ.

The error message is
"Configuring CPPTRAJ...
CPPTRAJ configure failed. Check '/Users/tangxiaping/Research/amber18/AmberTools/src/cpptraj_config.log' for details.
Configure failed due to the errors above!”

The cpptraj_config.log states:
"fftw3 enabled.
fftw3 specified: /Users/tangxiaping/Research/amber18
sanderlib specified: /Users/tangxiaping/Research/amber18
netcdf specified: /Users/tangxiaping/Research/amber18
blas specified: /Users/tangxiaping/Research/amber18
lapack specified: /Users/tangxiaping/Research/amber18
arpack specified: /Users/tangxiaping/Research/amber18
C++ compiler (CXX) set to g++
C compiler (CC) set to gcc
Testing C++11 support: Not present
Testing clang C++/Fortran linking: gfortran: error: ff2c: No such file or directory”

When I try to configure in the cpptraj directory, I got the following error
“Testing Fortran compiler:
Compile failed: that gfortran -Wall -O3 -ffree-form ff2c -o testp testp.f
Error follows:
gfortran: error: ff2c: No such file or directory"

I’m wondering that does the “ff2c” flag suppose to be replaced by the “-ff2c” flag ?

My clang version is
Apple LLVM version 9.1.0 (clang-902.0.39.2)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin17.7.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin

If you need further information, please let me know. Sorry to bother you.

Best Regards
Xiaping