[AMBER] Multiple trajectory analysis with CPPTRAJ and getting output for each of them separately

From: Luka Bilić <Luka.Bilic.irb.hr>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 09:06:23 +0200

Dear AMBER community,

I'm wondering is there an elegant way of loading an N number of
trajectories in cpptraj and getting an output of analysis for each of
them?

If I load N of them I get results of a combined length trajectory. I
don't want that now.

I could hypothetically cut the results at the "right spot" in order to
correspond to the trajectory 1 or 2 or N. But then again I could also
run the N number of scripts for cpptraj and get them anyway. A tedious
job I would like to avoid.

But how about loading multiple of trajectories and getting multiple
(corresponding) outputs?
How could I do that in cpptraj script:

parm protein.parm7
trajin protein1.nc
trajin protein2.nc
trajin proteinN.nc
strip 1-2,4-100,NA,CL,WAT outprefix STRIP
autoimage
<anything that cpptraj does or can do>
trajout ? #for the corresponding trajectory N"
# N number of outputs each for the corresponding trajecotry N"

Thank you for the help.
In the meanwhile I will try to search for the solution for this.
Worst case scenario: a little bit of bash scripting and some input
copy-paste-modify :)

Yours,
Luka