Re: [AMBER] Amber18 on NVIDIA Quadro Cards

From: malkeet singh Bahia <msbahia17.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 12:09:27 +0300

Hello Mish!

Have a look at this, if it would be helpful.

http://ambermd.org/gpus/recommended_hardware.htm#exxact

[image: Mailtrack]
Sender
notified by
Mailtrack
09/08/18,
12:09:23 PM

On Thu, 9 Aug 2018 at 11:54 mish <smncbr.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Many thanks to everyone for the kind advice.
>
> I already had off the table discussion with the concerned people about
> putting-in GPUs on my own, but that is a risky way to go. Dell is offering
> them additional discounts, and 2 years of additional warranty in all the
> machines. I (and also University) may have issues if Dell figures will it
> out when repairing.
>
> I am also afraid that it may be possible to figure it out easily (through
> logs) that which components were being used at the time of ( or caused)
> crash!
>
> But many thanks Ross, I would settle this with P4000 as of now.
>

> Regards,
> Mish
>

> On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 8:13 PM, James Kress <jimkress_58.kressworks.org>
> wrote:
>
> > In the 30 years I have been dealing with Dell, and many other vendors,
> the
> > mantra is always the same. I.e. you may put the foreign components into
> > the
> > computer your purchase/ lease from us. However, we will not provide
> > support
> > (i.e. including warranty) for your SYSTEM for problems involving/ caused
> by
> > the foreign components you have installed. They will provide support for
> > the unmodified system.
> >
> > My comment was just a warning so you do not get burned if something goes
> > wrong with the modified SYSTEM.
> >
> > You can believe or ignore other's opinions. The choice is yours.
> >
> > Jim

Thanks & Warm Regards
​
Malkeet S. Bahia, PhD
Post Doctoral Fellow at the lab of Prof. Hanoch Senderowitz
PBC Indo-Israel Post-doc fellowship
Dept. of Chemistry, Building 211, Room no. 211
Bar Ilan University,  Ramat Gan, 5290002,  ISRAEL
Mobile: +91-9815988501 (India, watts app only)
+972-584553434 (Israel number)