[AMBER] Reproduce part of AMBER trajectory

From: Supriyo Bhattacharya <sup27606.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 23:36:03 +0000 (UTC)

Hi everyone,I am trying to debug a simulation run where the atoms are flying away due to excessive force and destabilization. I would like to save a small section of the trajectory with a very high trajectory frame rate (4 fs) where the destabilization is happening. I have saved a restart file just before the crash happens. Ideally, I would like to restart the run now starting from the .rst file, saving every 4fs to monitor the instant of the crash. However, I cannot reproduce the event since I am using ntt=3 and there is no control over the sequence of random numbers that are generated during the run. Even if I use the same random seed (ig=xxx), it doesn't help since the sequence of numbers would be different from the original run. So, I guess there is no way to reproduce the run for just that short period where the crash happens? I don't want to save the whole trajectory with the high frame rate due to space/performance issues. I am using implicit solvation (igb=8). My input file is provided below.
Thanks for your suggestions,Supriyo
Equilibration &cntrl   ntx=5,    nstlim=500000, dt=0.004,   irest=1, ntt=3, gamma_ln=1.0,   tempi=290, temp0=290.00, ig=32345,   ntc=2, ntf=2, nscm=1000,   ntb=0, igb=8, saltcon=0.15,   cut=999.0, rgbmax=15.0,   ntpr=500, ntwx=10000, ntwr=50000,   ntr=1, restraintmask='!.H=', restraint_wt=5.0, &end