Re: [AMBER] Inquries about Non-periodic PMF profile

From: Meng Wu <wumeng.shanghaitech.edu.cn>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 02:02:18 +0000

Hi Callum,

    Thanks for your kindly help! My channel protein is not symmetric, so I divided the whole SMD into two parts, the up-direction part and down-direction part along z axis, what's more, I rotated the down-part windows with negative z-valus just as the web tutorial suggested. After all the windows finished running, I manually added a minus sign in front of the distance column vales for the down-part windows which original in negative z-valus (Right or not?). When I put all the distance data files together and use WHAM to calculate the PMF, the problem that the previous mail said appeared. I think this is the "wrong" result because the substrate molecules are pulled into the water environment at both ends of the channel and the start & end points of the PMF file should be nearly zero. I personally think this is the non-periodic problem of WHAM, I have read the WHAM manual but it does not give the periodic information about distance(just angle). I have tried each window of 10ns and 20ns, the PMF curve converged
 nearly in the same place, the difference is the size of the peak.

    Here I read a paper about g_wham in gromacs (https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct100494z), it has the periodic option(-cycl). I am trying to use g_wham but the file format between amber and gromacs is a big problem...!

All the best,
Meng Wu

Message: 12