Re: [AMBER] Gaff vs Gaff2 when using antechamber to generate charges

From: Yuliana Bosken <ydavi002.ucr.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 13:06:11 -0700

Hi Junmei,
Thank you for your help. The ANTECHAMBER_AM1BCC.AC files are consistent
with the prepc files, but the strange thing is that if I keep those files
in the directory and run both commands one after the other I get the same
charges, depending on what the AC files say. However, I run gaff2 first and
I got the igp_gaff2 charges. I kept files and run immediately gaff and got
the same gaff2 charges. Then I clear all those intermediate files and run
gaff and I get the igp_gaff charges. I hope my explanation it's not too
confusing, What I am trying to figure out is, if I have those intermediate
AC files in the directory and I run antechamber, could it be reading
directly those in the current directory and thus producing consistent
charges with the last run, and then if I clear the intermediate outputs
reads the AC files in $AMBERHOME.
Thanks again for your help.
Yuliana

Yuliana Bosken