Re: [AMBER] Is Amber18 compatible with GCC-7.x?

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 08:07:36 -0400

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018, Mirza Ahmed Hammad wrote:

> Yes, I had accepted to install miniconda during start of installation.
> Sorry, I had not checked 'echo $PYTHONPATH'

Please do that! The most likely problem is that you have not actually
sourced the $AMBERHOME/amber.sh file in the shell you are running.
You may need to log out and log back in to trigger scripts that are in
your .bashrc file.

> For me, if its not GCC7.x, then it seems that opensuse15.0 poses problems /
> conflicts about required libraries for Amber18. I re-installed Opensuse42.3
> with GCC4.8 and everything was fine again.

If you are happy with this, then that is fine. But I'm not convinced
from anything you have posted that there are in fact conflicts with
opensuse15.

....dac