Re: [AMBER] Soft-core alchemical transformation in TI

From: Simon Kit Sang Chu <simoncks1994.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 10:44:28 +0800

Dear David,

Thanks for the info. I am also looked into the same tutorial. But I am
still confused to add soft-core potential atoms.

According to AMBER16 manual, it seems that I do not have to add dummy atoms
for my case.

> Note that a slightly different setup is required for using soft core
> potentials compared to older TI- implementations. Specifically, the
> difference is that to add or remove atoms without soft core potentials,
> they are transformed into interactionless dummy particles, so both end
> state prmtop files have the same number of atoms. When using soft core
> potentials instead, no dummy atoms are needed and the end states should be
> built without them.

So, I only have to set the timask and scmask on the atoms as in the
tutorial? All atoms present in timask while not in scmask will be
transformed without soft-core potential automatically?

Second, I already simulated methanol solvated without the topology of
ethanol. If I want to keep the coordinate and *velocity* for a new TI, how
should I prepare the files? The tutorial is preparing benzene and phenol
from a pdb file. Can I skip it by giving a rst file with coordinate and
velocity information?

Thanks,
Simon

David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com> 於 2018年7月24日週二 上午12:57寫道: