Re: [AMBER] Using chirality restraints for modified residues

From: Baptiste Legrand <bap.legrand.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 10:32:33 +0200

Thanks Carlos and David for your answers,

I'm trying to prepare a cyclic peptide using non natural amino acids.
The cyclization typically occurs via the side chains of these amino
acids (UNK). So, I prepared the building block using antechamber and I
used tleap via the following script to prepare the molecules. The linear
peptide is good, the two UNK residues have the right chiralities. The
problem occurs when I cyclized the peptide using leap, after the
minimization step. The chirality of the CA of the first UNK was
inverted. Thus, the idea was to constrained the chirality of UNK in a
subsequent short MD step after the minimization. Unfortunately, for the
moment it failed. May be, such constraints prevent the chirality flips
but cannot "re-invert" bad chiralities?

cat > leap.in << EOF
source leaprc.gaff
source leaprc.ff99SB
loadamberparams ./UNK.frcmod
loadoff ./UNK.off
PEP = sequence { ACE GLU LEU ARG PRO ARG ASP UNK TYR LEU ILE UNK ARG PRO
NHE }
remove PEP PEP.8.H13
remove PEP PEP.8.H14
remove PEP PEP.8.C8
remove PEP PEP.12.H13
remove PEP PEP.12.H14
remove PEP PEP.12.C8
remove PEP PEP.12.H3
bond PEP.8.C7 PEP.12.C7
saveamberparm PEP ./JMV6294_cyc.prmtop ./JMV6294_cyc.inpcrd
quit
EOF
sander -O -i min.in -o ./JMV6294_cyc.out -c ./JMV6294_cyc.inpcrd -p
./JMV6294_cyc.prmtop -r ./JMV6294_cyc.rst
ambpdb -aatm -p ./JMV6294_cyc.prmtop < ./JMV6294_cyc.rst > ./JMV6294_cyc.pdb

Thanks.
Best,
Baptiste