Re: [AMBER] rism1d convergence query

From: Tyler Luchko (Lists) <"Tyler>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 10:00:19 -0700

Hi Rakesh,

It sounds like you are trying to use a primitive model of an electrolyte solution. This can be done with rism1d but you will need make some adjustments. The dielectric constant you have set applies only if you have a polar molecule, like water, in the solution. For the primitive model, you should use theory=‘xrism’ and divide the charges of your ions by sqrt(78.5) in the MDL file.

If you are still having problems with convergence, please look at the ‘Solution Convergence’ section of the manual on page 106.

Hope this helps,

Tyler