Re: [AMBER] Fortran runtime error: Cannot write to file opened for READ

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 07:59:02 -0400

On Sun, Jun 24, 2018, Lod King wrote:

> I installed cuda-8.0 in my ubuntu 16 with amber 16 and nvidia driver 384..
>
> however, when I tested run...it gave me the following error
>
> At line 122 of file master_setup.F90 (unit = 6, file = 'all_min_fixnoH.out')
> Fortran runtime error: Cannot write to file opened for READ

This is odd, but I'm suspecting that you might be on a read-only file
system, or you are in a directory where you don't have write permission.
Especially since something simple like ambpdb (which has nothing to do
with cuda) gives this error:

> $AMBERHOME/bin/ambpdb -p ../00.prep/helix2.prmtop -c all_min_nofix.rst >
> min_helix2.pdb
>
> ./run_min_protein.sh: line 9: min_helix2.pdb: Permission denied

What happens if you type "touch abc" in the directory where you are
trying to run your jobs?

....dac